Please leave your name, and the title of the book you reviewed, in the top box. Then, put the link to your review in the second. I'm so looking forward to reading your thoughts on Japanese literature! Welcome!
I posted a starter post (not a review--reviews come later). Eager to get started, but I'm in the middle of Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932. I recommend it for the Paris reads.
I am very eager to try this challenge. A co worker got me hooked on Japanese writer a couple of years ago. Since we are sharing our thoughts I admit a bias for Murakami and Oe. However, I believe the challenge will be enjoyable. Joe
I'm so glad to hear you're eager to begin (as am I)! I assume you mean Haruki Murakami, but Ryu Murakami is good (and unusual) in his own way, too. The only book I've read by Kenzaburo Oe is A Personal Matter which touched me deeply about the parental role. So glad to have you along as we discover more from this wonderful genre.
I'm back. I love this challenge. I'm also very interested in your september read along and I'll be interested in some of the other authors you're focusing of. Great work!
Hi, Tamara! Aren't we the challenge "queens" as we prepare and participate in Paris in July as well as the Japanese Literature! So glad you're participating again. xo
I only started doing reading challenges this year and I have been looking forward to this one beginning! Hopefully I can start my first book this month...
Hi Kelly, so glad to have you along for the Japanese Literature Challenge. Hopefully, you won't find it as much of a challenge as a joy. You have lots of time to read, from now until January, so doing feel rushed. Looking forward to good books together!
Keishon, I'm so glad you're going to join in! In case you're interested, I'm hosting a shared read of Murakami's latest, Colorless Tzukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage beginning August 12. Welcome!
It's too bad that I came across this challenge only today! Despite all I can share a book review and a book note on two different books by Kawabata Yasunari published on my two literature blogs in September (okay - one of them I don't update often ;-))
I hope that there will be another challenge starting in June? I'd be happy to join again... and in time.
I posted a starter post (not a review--reviews come later). Eager to get started, but I'm in the middle of Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932. I recommend it for the Paris reads.
ReplyDeleteThanks, MG, for the title for Paris. I read your starter post, and the titles you've selected look wonderful.
DeleteI am very eager to try this challenge. A co worker got me hooked on Japanese writer a couple of years ago. Since we are sharing our thoughts I admit a bias for Murakami and Oe. However, I believe the challenge will be enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteJoe
I'm so glad to hear you're eager to begin (as am I)! I assume you mean Haruki Murakami, but Ryu Murakami is good (and unusual) in his own way, too. The only book I've read by Kenzaburo Oe is A Personal Matter which touched me deeply about the parental role. So glad to have you along as we discover more from this wonderful genre.
DeleteI'm back. I love this challenge. I'm also very interested in your september read along and I'll be interested in some of the other authors you're focusing of. Great work!
ReplyDeleteHi, Tamara! Aren't we the challenge "queens" as we prepare and participate in Paris in July as well as the Japanese Literature! So glad you're participating again. xo
DeleteI only started doing reading challenges this year and I have been looking forward to this one beginning! Hopefully I can start my first book this month...
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly, so glad to have you along for the Japanese Literature Challenge. Hopefully, you won't find it as much of a challenge as a joy. You have lots of time to read, from now until January, so doing feel rushed. Looking forward to good books together!
DeleteMy introductory pits is here
ReplyDeletehttp://rereadinglives.blogspot.com/2014/06/japanese-literature-challenge-8-begins.html
I am looking forward to join your Japanese challenge, I will be posting the books I will read soon. Thank you for hosting this interesting challenge.
ReplyDeleteHi, I would love to join this challenge! I need to read more Japanese Literature and your reading list is a great start! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteKeishon, I'm so glad you're going to join in! In case you're interested, I'm hosting a shared read of Murakami's latest, Colorless Tzukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage beginning August 12. Welcome!
DeleteYes, count me in please and thanks!
DeleteYou're so welcome. Do you have a blog you would like me to add? If not, no problem.
DeleteYes, you can add me: avidmysteryreader.com and thank you.
DeleteIt's too bad that I came across this challenge only today! Despite all I can share a book review and a book note on two different books by Kawabata Yasunari published on my two literature blogs in September (okay - one of them I don't update often ;-))
ReplyDeleteI hope that there will be another challenge starting in June? I'd be happy to join again... and in time.